1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Monster In Chief

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Alley - thank you - your hired as my official spokesperson.

I am not totally against the war but I also think its important that we always monitor our circumstances and be prepared to change course quickly if needed.

My main reason for putting up LBJ quote was to demonstrate that IRaq was not the first time that a president has gotten us into to such a war.

I also wanted to demonstrate that its not just the republicans who have gotten us into a war under possible bad information. Fenian and JR always want to make the argument a republican / democrat one which in the end never brings true intellectual honesty to the debate.

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Let's move this thread to the Jobs Board and put out the word, to any presidential administration, that I'm available as a spokesperson. Thanks Boom!

3. Boom --
    I love you, but the idea that "presidents from both parties" get us into "a war under possible bad information" has some relevance to the current discussion is, well, strange.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

"There are no war plans on my desk." -- the chimp in chief, Dec. 21, 2002

I guess they were on Wolfowitz of Arabia's desk, then.

5. They were on the floor, next to the crayons.

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

They were on the floor, next to the Jack Daniels . . .

9. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0026863553/sr=8-1/qid=1151091392/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-1954107-0586346?%5Fencoding=UTF8

Think they'll put out a Fifth Anniversary Edition this fall?
    (For real fun, scroll down the Amazon link to the books other people who ordered it "are reading."

Ben -- HE was on the flor next to the Jack Daniels.

Draft saved Draft deleted