1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Monica Lewinsky: My life is a lonely one

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dog eat dog world, Jun 25, 2013.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I still remember during the Walters interview with Lewinsky, there was an ad for laundry detergent in which "Stain!" was sung like "Fame!"

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I first read this as "comely."

Every male under 30 needs to thank Lewinsky and Clinton nightly for the sexual environment they created. That should be an AT&T U-Verse commercial -- "you don't know nothin'. In my day, you could nail a girl, doggy-style even ... but if she got down there, man, that took some convincing. You kids don't know how easy you have it!"

3. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I am not trying to be contrairian for the sake of it but I can't help but feel some empathy for Lewinsky.

She definitely had advantages growing up and at some point you have to get past your own personal history but to have something you did as a starstruck 21 year old define you for the rest of your life seems unfair.

I could give a rat's ass if Clinton cheated on his wife, makes him a dirtbag in my opinion but don't know that it made him bad at governing. My issue is that a person in a position of power took advantage of it with an underling.

I said the same thing when the story came out last year about the White House secratary that Kennedy fucked, makes the person a shitbird.

There's a reason that officers are not supposed to bang lower ranks in the military. This is a failure of personal leadership on Clinton's part however it seems to be looked at as not a big deal.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

RSW

5. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

That's the former president you're talking about

Draft saved Draft deleted