1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Money Shot Lincoln (Conan O'Brien)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Oct 14, 2006.

1. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Conan's just strong. There was an interview in FHM month or two ago, asking about his favorite recurring characters. One of his was Chewbacca Stuck in a Glory Hole. Haven't seen the actual clip, but the concept alone is hysterical.

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

The guy wrote hilarious stuff for The Simpsons in primetime so I'll hold out a little hope that he can do well in an earlier time slot.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Ryan Sonner is why Lincoln had his money shot.

But seriously, Leno is funny sometimes, and any journalist should dig Headlines (which usually puts Actual Items to shame). But the little cut-in bits are real lame usually, and Jaywalking and anything involving any intern or any idiotically giggling women needs to be thrown off the bridge tied to an anchor. That said, I'm interested to see what Conan does in the home-run spot. Not necessarily eager, but interested.

4. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Headlines is the only thing Leno does that's funny. Give him that, yes, but it's five funny minutes a month, interspliced with the worst, most forced interviews in television. Well-rehearsed, horrible interviews. And his monologue bats about .120 for even getting me to crack a smile.

Draft saved Draft deleted