1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Money problems

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Iamscrewed, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Iamscrewed

Iamscrewed New Member

Hi,
    I've changed my user name for this topic for the obvious reasons.

Monetarily...I am screwed. A long story short, when I was married my ex racked up over $60,000 in credit card debt and I got stuck with over half of it. Now with minimum payments doubling, and interest rates going up, I can not make my payments.

I had looked into getting help from family (home equity loans and/or second mortgages that I would pay off) but it's looking like credit counseling or bankruptcy for me.

I was wondering if anybody in SportsJournalists.com land has had to go through this and if they have any recommendations. I've looked at stuff online, but trying to wade through what's legitimate and not has given me an even larger headache.

Please feel free to send me a PM if you wish. I greatly appreciate any time and consideration this is given...

Draft saved Draft deleted