1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Money Ball the movie

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MankyJimy, Sep 13, 2011.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

So that's who was wearing Miggy's uniform this year with the Giants. Boy, that explains a lot.

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

"The Social Network" wasn't uncinematic. Law nailed it. There's just not much at stake in this story.

Laughed out loud when Law revealed Pitt flies halfway across the country to negotiate a trade for a loogy. This is why you have consultants on a movie set.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Right. We know that because we know the real story. But when my wife watches it, Bill Beane's job is going to be on the line - and he's going to bet on something everyone is telling him is absurd in order to save it.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Then you owe it to your wife as a matter of intellectual honesty to inform her this plotline is absurd.

5. Dick Whitman

More than anything, I'm just interested to see how they do the movie - sabermetrics for mass consumption piques my curiosity. I thought "The Blind Side" was terrible. But I'll watch movies and listen to albums I don't expect to like.

6. Dick Whitman

I suspect that after the movie we'll talk about what was real and what was made for Hollywood.

7. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I think it would be a better movie to put Billy Beane and Joe Morgan together for a meal, like "My Dinner With Andre." The big risk is that Morgan talks the whole movie, interspersed with shots of Beane asleep in his ravioli.

8. Herbert Anchovy

"The Blind Side" was a cheese factory. I hope for whatever flaws this has it will be a little more mature than that.

Enough said until I see it.

9. Dick Whitman

Worst. Best Picture Nominee. Ever.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I would pay more to watch that than I would pay to attend the seventh game of the World Series.

11. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

"Now, when Pete, Johnny and I were looking over players' stats ...."

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Moneyball v. Bad News Bears -- Billy Beane as Morris Wannamaker?

http://baseballmusings.com/?p=73974

Draft saved Draft deleted