1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Money Ball the movie

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MankyJimy, Sep 13, 2011.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Unlike the A's.

2. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

What do you mean?????

[​IMG]

3. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

He was pretty good in the movie "Before the Devil Knows you're Dead." Bizarre flick.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

That was a really good movie.

As far as "Moneyball" goes, I think it's weird that DePodesta wouldn't let them use his name. What a baby.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Hoffman is creepy. He's also one of the best actors working.

He does make some strange choices on roles. Then again, with all of the independent stuff he does, a guy has to get paid every once in awhile. I'm guessing MI:3 paid better than Capote.

6. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

I haven't seen this yet - what does this mean? Were people complaining that the A's win the Series, or were they confused because they didn't win?

Rick Peterson - former A's pitching coach - was briefly the Technical Director on this movie but got replaced when Sony didn't like the first script. He was on the radio in Toronto yesterday saying that when he was part of the production, MLB was great at giving Sony access to their facilitiies, people, etc., but the script absolutely had to be accurate. Given that, I'm interested to see if there are any inaccuracies in the final screenplay.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

For those of you who loved "Capote" -- and I count myself as part of that group -- do yourself a favor and watch "Infamous." It was by far the better movie, IMO.

8. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

They were complaining/confused that they didn't win (or even make it to) the Series. I think they thought it was a lot of build up and not the payoff they were expecting. I don't want to say too much more about how they end the movie.

9. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

Capote...fantastic writer. "In Cold Blood" made me want to be a writer myself. And his chum, Harper Lee, with "To Kill a Mockingbird" was incredible as well. I read that book about once a year to get my illustrative writing bearings.

IJAG, I have heard differing opinions on "Infamous." But if you give it the thumbs up I will have to check it out.

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Keith Law panned it.

http://meadowparty.com/blog/?p=1861

11. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I'm the opposite: have seen Infamous and thought he did a great job. Have seen a small bit of Capote, but not the whole thing. You think that PSH was Capote.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

There was no part of Capote in which I thought PSH was Capote. I thought he was PSH playing Capote. From what I've seen of interviews with Capote, I thought Toby Jones sounded/looked much more like him. Plus, he was tiny like Capote.

Draft saved Draft deleted