1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'Monday' is a racial slur?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I'll tip $1 a drink, and/or at least 20 percent on a tab. I'll go 25-30% for exceptional service.

I used to tip closer to 15%, but I waited tables for awhile and learned to appreciate nice tips. Also, I live in a small city, so I'm always very likely to be served by the same person again in the near future.

2. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I used to get in big debates with friends about what kind of bad service fairly allows me to cut into a tip.

I don't generally put many restrictions on that. Food took forever? I can tip less. Came with beans when I asked for no beans? I can tip less. Didn't refill my drink forever? I can tip less. My friends, however, kept saying "Maybe it was the kitchens fault. Maybe the waiter was overloaded with tables." Not my problem, I always said. Whether it was the kitchen who ignored the bean request or the waitress, the tip is my only way of showing my displeasure. I don't care whose fault it actually was.

That said, I'm mostly talk when it comes to docking a tip. The experience has to be pretty horrible for me to offer a truly horrible tip. My friends who've worked longer at that stuff than I have said they don't get deeply offended until its less than 10 percent. None of the problems I mentioned would have me tipping less than 15 percent.

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I should of seen this thread yesterday.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

:-*

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

that's my standard.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Can't Boston fans just hate Crawford for being a shitty player?

Draft saved Draft deleted