1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Moment of Truth" on Fox

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl2, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

People pad their underwear to look more well endowed? ???

2. Wow, the more insecure and macho the subject is, the more embarrassing.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Sure they do.

I used to put toilet paper to add size to my butt whenever my parents would spank me. Added cushion.

4. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

My parents never spanked my package, though.

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

He just said "well-endowed." You can endow your ass.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

how would they know to ask the one guy who padded his underwear if he padded his underwear?

7. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

What a colossal waste of air time this is. But yet, I watched a lot of it.

The dude with the bad hairpiece is a real douche. God, some people would do anything to get on TV.

And I loved the personal trainer, he has sexual offender written all over him.

8. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

"Congratulations, first contestant! You leave with zero money and some very uncomfortable conversations ahead with your wife!"

Problem with this show is, we've all known those guys who have no shame and will admit to anything (I'm looking at you, mikey). The producers have to screen for that and only accept people they can put in a jackpot.

I am very curious as to what the big-money questions are. I'm thinking they have to get very personal and specific.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I've got to hope no public employees ventured onto this show. I wonder what the over/under on firings stemming from this show is.
    The thing is - how bad can the top questions get and still be on the air. And after Temptation Island, Mark L. Wahlberg was the only possible choice for this train wreck.

10. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

This is the best tv game show I have seen in a while. However, I would have made John O'Hurley the host of the show because this host is too bland.

11. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

It moves too slow.

Disembodied voice takes way too long to deliver the answers -- especially when somebody cops to something embarrassing. If he/she cops to it, then of course it's going to be true, so don't put in the faux suspense.

Also, it's kind of bullshit that if you make it past a certain level and then miss, you get nothing.

Here's the other thing: Who's to say that once they get to the high levels, somebody could answer truthfully and still get bounced? Polygraphs aren't that reliable anyway. Can you imagine getting to the final question, and having to answer, "Have you ever fucked a goat?'' You truthfully answer know, and disembodied voice says ... ``The answer is ... FALSE.'' You lose everything, and the whole world knows you as the goat-fucking TV star.

12. You're not the only one. I told my wife he was Chris Hansen last night while wasting 20 minutes on this show. It is nothign more than a study in human behavior and seeing how greedy people are and how willing they are to ruin the relationships in their lives. It's jerry springer or maury povich, with a potential cash reward. Even those who like train wrecks have to cringe at this show.

Draft saved Draft deleted