1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mom arrested for hiring strippers for son's birthday party

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Well a dad deciding his own kid is ready to learn what a waste of money titty bars are is different than somebody setting it up for all her kid's friends.

That said, I still think it's a bigger deal she gave them beer than hired strippers.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I do too...

We have a neighbor who I could totally see doing something like this, except for the fact that she has three teenage daughters... Her house is clearly the hangout for all of their friends, and the mom acts like and dresses like she's one of them... We saw them at a block party a year or so ago and she said, "People always ask if we're sisters..." and someone quipped, "Yeah, blind people..."

3. NY Daily News has pic from the party.

NSFW

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/cops-mom-hired-strippers-son-16th-article-1.1268136

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

33 years old with a 16-year-old son, so she got knocked up around 16. So it appears shitty judgement is a way of life for her.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Looks like the boys are all wearing masks so maybe they did not see too much.

6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Glens Falls? Someone ask Jimmer what he thinks!

7. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

This is great on so many levels. Especially, that it was posted by Gutter.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

FWIW: My parents allowed me to sample PBR at family weddings long before I was legal/able to drive. Was known to have -- gasp! -- a glass of wine at Thanksgiving dinner, too.

9. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

Maybe. Then again, maybe not. Know at least two people, one a dear friend, who conceived despite being on the pill.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Parents in Europe are shaking their heads in wonder about all the concern about providing alcohol for children at home.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Allen Iverson was conceived by two people rubbing together per Sports Illustrated so anything is possible.

12. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Again, I think this shows how much has changed. I am 50, when I was a soph in high school we won the conference soph football title. One of my teammates dads owned a local bar. They threw a nice party for everyone and my coach, a former Big Ten player and a really good man, preceded to explain to me that my linemen would never follow me(I was the QB) if I didn't drink with them. Coach was pounding at the time of our conversation. I explained that I was playing basketball so I could not drink...he called me a pussy. When we were seniors we won the championship and the parenets threw another bash. I was not drinking (again, I was in basketball season) and my parents were not drinking (my old man could drink Manhattans with the best of them). We had a total knob of an assistant coach, when he became hammered at the event, my dad cam to me and said..."if that asshole is drunk, I am going to have a few." My family all knew that this was not cool but we seemed to be the only ones that did. 1979 was very different then 2013..today everyone would be fired or suspended.

Draft saved Draft deleted