1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mom arrested for hiring strippers for son's birthday party

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

There's a bottomless bear already climbing out. Do NOT google "bottomless bear." I assume.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Is that from her guest star turn on the original Star Trek? Is that right before she got turned into a cube?

[​IMG]

3. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Maybe she's a teacher.

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Or a crack whore. Thank God my mother had brains and never would do anything that stupid.

5. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who thinks her buying them beer is way worse than the strippers?

6. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

She's on Twitter!

https://twitter.com/JudyViger4

Oh, I think many here have long suspected that your mother may not have eschewed narcotics while carrying you.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Hell, she should have just waited a couple years, if she was hellbent on this, for his 18th birthday. I mean, stripper is about as mundane an occupation as florist anymore as far as shock value, but it's strange that a mom would want to give her kid this. And if the math's right, she was 17 when she had him, and seems to be stuck in that mind-set

8. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

One of her tweets: "How do we teach the children of America not to bully when adults do it??!!?"

Um, sweetie...it's not bullying when someone tells you you are an awful mother. It's called the truth.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

She is probably quite familiar with the bowling ball grip.

10. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Oh that's a good one.

11. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Clearly I do not think this was a smart move by the mother and I would be very pissed if my kid went to a birthday party and there were strippers. However I think it is clear that times have really changed. Dad buying a whore for his 16 year old son was good old fashioned TV comedy back in the day. "Son, today you are a man". In fact I had friends that went to a tittie bar with their dads when they were 16 or 17. This was in the mid to late 70's in a nice middle class town. Again, I am not condoning this action, just pointing out how things have changed.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

In high school, we all did this when any of our friends turned 18.

Granted, parents never had anything to do with it, although there were probably a few who knew what was going on who looked the other way, and of the people there, there were always quite a few who weren't 18 at the parties, but the person who set it up was always over 18 and it was always for someone who had just turned 18.

In hindsight, it was pretty tame, at least compared to what you see these days at bachelor parties and whatnot.

Draft saved Draft deleted