1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Modified: This is your a) reason to loathe the military or ....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by printdust, Dec 15, 2011.

1. printdust

printdust New Member

b) a questionable level of incompetence and inefficiency. It took six weeks for this to surface off an effing internet site?

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/controversial-air-force-casket-photo-prompts-investigation-184720339.html

The photo, dated August 23rd, was reportedly taken by airmen with the 345th Training Squadron at Fort Lee, Virginia, according to Gerry Proctor, spokesman for the 37th Training Group at Lackland Air Force Base in Texas, which includes the 345th Training Squadron.

First appearing on Facebook in early October, the image has since been forwarded by several individuals, including a former soldier and Army spouse.

My first reaction is, why the hell does it take any government-based institution so effing long to react to shit? This is 6-8 weeks out on facebook and they're just now responding?

2. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Re: Air Force can fly planes fast, but this takes six weeks to get out?

Stay classy, enlisted airmen and women.

3. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I am not sure I really see the problem with this. It looks like some gallows humor that may have even brought the team together.

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Kind of my thought. When you have to face bullets and IEDs for your country, you get a little slack on having a distasteful sense of humor.

5. printdust

printdust New Member

I don't have a huge dog in this fight but still....it takes six weeks for the Pentagon to react? I mean why is government so inefficient....

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

It probably took some time to notify next of kin. Out of consideration photo was held.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Yes, because the 8 or 10 people in that photo means the hundreds of thousands of men and women in the miltary act exactly the same way -- in your world.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I am concerned.

Undoubtedly has something to do with the incompetent commander in chief.

9. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

... further proof you can't write a decent thread title.

10. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

They're Air Force, in Virginia. If they want to blow off steam stateside, there are plenty of other ways to do it that their comrades-at-arms in combat zones don't have the opportunity to participate in.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

This has always been my favorite military blowing off steam photo:

[​IMG]

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

So, by transferring the thread title, you're staying "This is your a questionable level of incompetence and inefficiency."

Study English much?

Draft saved Draft deleted