1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Modern sports barriers: How low can you go?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Nov 1, 2022.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Now THAT's baseball!

Neutral Corner and sgreenwell like this.
  2. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Six brothers playing professionally at the same time. In this day and age, I can see some megalomaniac trying to produce seven kids who will turn pro.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

4 Jones brothers (Caldwell being most prominent) played in the NBA but not sure if all 4 at the same time.

Liut likes this.
  4. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

McGehee, Arkansas.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

According to the bio, for 18 straight seasons Albany State had a Jones brother at center (there were 5 total that played there, so they were spread out).

6. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

When I lived in Little Rock, a local guy started a minor league basketball team, and he was hoping to drum up interest by announcing that Caldwell Jones was going to be the coach. Caldwell was there for the first game and was not seen again. I was on the stat crew, and I still have somewhere at home a check for $25 from the team owner. It bounced, and the bank sent it back to me.

Inky_Wretch, Liut and Batman like this.
  7. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Was that the minor-league version of the ABA, by chance? I once volunteered to operate the shot clock at one of their games. Got tired of the game being delayed, so I did it.

8. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

I think so. It’s been almost 20 years. The team played its games at Philander Smith College.

Draft saved Draft deleted