1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Modern Family (ABC)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by qtlaw, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I think NBC has gone into the dumper.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Check the gate, that's a print.

Totally agree

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't watch Glee, but I would say the best three comedies are Modern Family, Big Bang Theory and 30 Rock.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

A very good, if not excellent, end to the first season. I could have dealt without the final Jay-Luke scene because the show is funnier with smaller moments of sappiness. I still liked the Hawaii episode better and wonder why they didn't end with that one.

Still, a strong show and one of the only three comedies (along with Community and 30 Rock) which I really look forward to watching. Cam and Manny should get Emmy consideration, but my guess is that only Al Bundy will get a nomination.

5. Mizzougrad96

O'Neill, Burrell and both of the actors playing the gay couple are well worthy of Emmy nominations.

6. Mizzougrad96

The girl who plays the oldest daughter also played Howard Stern's daughter in Private Parts.

7. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I've also seen all three kids in the Phil and Claire clan in commercials recently. The oldest is in an Olive Garden spot, the youngest is in a financial one, I think, playing chess with grandpa or something like that and I can't remember what the middle one was in but I remember seeing it and thinking it completed the hat trick. Kind of funny that they were doing stuff like that and then the Modern Family break.

The show was pretty much outstanding every week. Loved a few weeks ago when Phil was struggling with Jay's dominance when he wanted to coach the basketball team and he said, "I sleep with your daughter." So many lines like that. It's been a long time since I've consistently laughed out loud at a show like I do with this one.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The middle one was in a commercial where the family was using a sony psp or some gaming device to use a recipe in the kitchen.

9. Mizzougrad96

Best 30-minutes shows on Network TV

1. Modern Family
    2. 30 Rock
    3. Big Bang Theory
    4. Parks and Recreation (thanks to this board, I'm a late convert)
    5. Rules of Engagement

10. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Burrell is great and Roscalbo is correct. The sneaky lines are fantastic.

11. Mizzougrad96

My favorite part of the show is Burrell and the gay couple. For the most part, every member of the cast is good though.

12. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

It's my new favorite show this season. (And I also watch Big Bang and Rules of Engagement). Burrell has broken out as the lynchpin character of MF, but I love Cameron's hysterics the best. Every character serves a purpose and if you don't pay attention you'll miss a great throwaway line.

Draft saved Draft deleted