1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Modern Family (ABC)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by qtlaw, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Better off Ted was canceled last year and they're burning off the episodes they'd already filmed.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I think it's very solid, but I agree that the "best sitcom on TV" stuff is a bit over the top.

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Agreed. At least half of NBC's Thursday night lineup is better, and I'm a huge MF fan.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

It was renewed last season (which was a huge shock given the ratings). Then they started burning off all of the new episodes this season almost immediately, which makes very little sense. I don't believe it has been formally cancelled, although it no doubt will be. Still a great show

5. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Better Off Ted has not been canceled ... but the plug (unfortunately) likely will be pulled. Also, co-star Andrea Anders has been tabbed for Matthew Perry's pilot, which will also be on ABC.

6. Mizzougrad96

They showed a couple of them opposite the Super Bowl. They're showing two a week these days on Wednesdays, one in place of the awful Kelsey Grammer show that lasted about two weeks.

Thanks to the fucking Olympics, it will probably be a few weeks before we get a new one.

7. Mizzougrad96

Hopefully, that will fare better than her last stint with a Friends cast member.

Apparently two of the other cast members have pilots as well.

8. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

Between "Joey", "The Class" and now "Better Off Ted", her track record for landing on sitcoms with staying power in the last few years has been sorely lacking.

9. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Have they been repeats? My DVR hasn't picked up any new ones in a couple of weeks.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

All new episodes are Wed at 9. They are showing the repeats to build on the buzz.

11. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

One of the best shows on TV right now. Hands down.
    That's all. Continue on.
    :)

12. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

If it weren't for Modern Family, Big Bang Theory and Glee there would be no comedy on TV worth watching any more.

Draft saved Draft deleted