1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Moddy Needs To Get Out More - Part 2

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

We paid for one of those "First Night" things, had been there before about five years earlier. It was drizzling, though, and hardly anyone showed up. We walked up to an artsy movie theater. Was playing "Far From Heaven." Hadn't heard of it, but it's Julianne Moore, how bad could it be? About midway through, wife asks me what I think will happen and I say, "Hopefully he kills his entire family and then turns the gun on himself." By the end, only people left were us and an old couple. We're walking out and old guy says, "Sort of makes you want to slash your wrists, doesn't it." I say, "Indeed, and a very happy New Year to you folks, too."

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Far From Heaven exemplified why they don't make '50s middleclass angst pictures anymore . . . thank God. Now, Woody made his share of '70s upperclass angst pictures, but that's different.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Princess and I don't go to many movies any more either.
    Unless it's Captain Jack. Oh, [blue]"we're"[/blue] all over that.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

You're killing me! Ruining my dream!
    Sitting through the movie was worth it for that little stroll. Barely, but worth it.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Part Two? That's it?

I figured you were into Friday the 13th territory when it came to the number of threads needed to indicate you need to get out more.

6. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Since I don't like Uma Thurman, I could care less what movies she's in.

7. Flash

Flash Guest

Good grief, Moddy, you do need to get out more. That movie spawned the relationship that was Jen's revenge for Brangelina!

8. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Ah, it wasn't that bad....you got to see Keira Knightley topless. That's worth the cost of admission. Plus the movie was fairly violent.

9. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

I thought this was going to be: "Craziest thing. Kids were wearing t-shirts and pants that must have been four sizes too big for them."

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

"What is this infernal 'rock and roll' stuff?"

11. Consarn it!

Draft saved Draft deleted