1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Moddy Mix 2013

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

It's ready.

Had to get it done a little earlier this year, mass production is under way. You know the drill: PM with your address and I'll get one out to you. Yes, I will send to screen names if you don't want to give up the real name.

Not sure I'll be able to get it in the mail much before Thanksgiving, but that's OK. You shouldn't be listening to it much before then.

It includes 25 songs and has more of a punk-rock tilt than I've had before. Plus a techno-mix of one of the three staple songs included every year.

2. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Secret Santa and Moddy Mix? Christmas is ON! :D

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Hell yeah.

4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Stellar.

I got on the Moddy Mix train late, but it's become one of my favorite things about the holidays. Always an awesome listen.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Bring it AHN.

6. Moderator1

First batch goes out tomorrow, so some of you may get it before Thanksgiving

7. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Got mine today,and am listening to it on headphones now while the wife is reading Wonderstruck by Brian Selznick. Really enjoying the selections so far, Moddy. Thanks again!

8. KYSportsWriter

Got mine in the mail Wednesday. Haven't listened to it yet, but I'm stoked.

9. Colton

Colton Active Member

Great stuff (as per usual), Moddy, thanks!

10. KYSportsWriter

I know one of the songs is Michael Buble and another is NPH from A Very Harold and Kumar Christmas.

Is No. 7 Straight No Chaser?

11. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Why don't you just upload it to a file host or Google Drive and save yourself on shipping costs?

12. Moderator1

Wait, what? You're my son? David has suggested the same thing and we may go that route next year. That's what he did with his engagement photos. He loaded them up, sent out a link to family and friends and said look, buy if you want, post if you want, they're all there.

I still enjoy, for some stupid reason, the production and the delivery. Between work and family/friends/friends of kids, I probably distribute close to 200 of them. But the only ones I ship are those I do here, so the cost isn't that bad.

In short, what you say makes sense but I'm not ready to do it just yet.

Draft saved Draft deleted