1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Moddy Mix 2009

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

is finalized and in production. First shipment will go out around Nov. 30.
    You know the drill. PM me with an address and I'll get one out to you.
    Only one version this year, no X-rated. Sorry. This year's edition is safe for family listening.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

No farting on Santa's lap?

3. Moderator1

Naw, The Little Stinkers didn't make the cut this year. Nor did Snoop Dogg.

It is an interesting mix this year. Found some new stuff I like, threw on some traditional and added a little Latin.

But sadly nothing racy.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Question: I have never asked for the Moddy Mix. I think it is a really cool thing and you are a real sweetheart for sending it to anyone who asks, and you really get into the spirit of the season which is nice to to see. I just wouldn't listen to it enough, probably, to make you go to the trouble of sending it, even though I am curious.

That said, I was wondering. ... do you just do upbeat songs or sad ones too? And have you ever included Fairy Tale of New York, by the Pogues?

5. Moderator1

I can make you laugh, cry, sing and dance all on the same CD and sometimes make you go OH GROSS, too.
    Never done that one but it gives me a head start on next year.

6. Moderator1

I'm not a "bump" guy. I hate bumps. But I will look past my hatred and bump this one time - only four requests thus far, which is fine. But a lot fewer than usual.
    Let me know if you want one. The Queen says this is the best one yet.

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Moddy,
    Did you get my PM?

8. Moderator1

I sure did - you'll have a CD soon.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Gracias amigo.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

I didn't diddle around, this year. Requested, day it was announced.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I hadn't seen this, so thanks for bumping. Was just talking about this CD last week with kleeda, and told him he needed to get in on the goods. I'll send him a link, since he's out of town for work.

You'll have my PM in moments. I'll also burn you a copy of the Hawaiian Christmas CD that Trooper Bari sent me a couple years ago. It's fantastic, and could definitely contribute songs in the future.

12. Moderator1

Sweet. I have two Hawaiian songs on this one - always room for more. I love Hawaiian music.

Draft saved Draft deleted