1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Moddy is right

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Jun 7, 2007.

1. KP

KP Active Member

Be mine. :-*

2. KG

KG Active Member

To each is own. I'll never convert. ;D ;D

I'll lose that 30 minutes to use charcoal, but that's the country girl in me.

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

My steaks are five star in the oven, but are mezz-a-mezz on the grill.

So it goes.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

How cuz? How are they turning out on the grill?

5. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

I hear ya Slappy....I've cooked dinner on the grill 10 days straight. This week we've had tuna steaks, steak tips, chicken wings, salmon steaks, porterhouse steaks, and pork chops. And I cook everything else on it too.....corn, baked potatoes, steamed veggies......

6. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

You suck up! You know saying "Moddy is right" doesn't get you any more stars, right?

Jeebus, wipe the brown off yer nose son!

7. KG

KG Active Member

Oh man you have to take an onion, cut the two ends off and get the paper skin off, wrap it in foil and throw it on the top shelf of the grill. Let it cook till it's soft. WOW it's so good. When I cheat and cook one inside, I add a little bit of liquid smoke to the foil to get the same effect. For the gas grillers out there, the liquid smoke really is great. I use it when I want that kind of flavor and cook inside.

But for those of you who live somewhere that can't use open flames...I haven't used my oven once since I bought this eight months ago http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=2625139.

With Father's Day coming up, this is a neat idea for the father who wants to take the family out to the lake (or somewhere like that) to grill out.
    http://www.sportys.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?Product_ID=2968&DID=24

And this one is called a stove but it looks like a lunchbox, so I thought it was cute.
    http://www.12vautotech.com/stove.html

I find some of the funniest but neat things when looking for products for my driver goods section. When I get bored is when I find the best stuff.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Ditto.

Hey, I know a Mercedes is better than my heap, too.

9. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

I can't remember the last time I cooked meat inside. I live in a place where I can grill year-round. I use the charcoal grill only if I'm doing a brisket, otherwise the propane works great. Taste the Meat, Not the Heat [/hankhill]

This is no Three-Bags recipe, but it's quick and good when you get home from work.

Spray chicken breasts with Pam. Sprinkle on seasoned salt and some Mrs. Dash. Grill about 8 minutes on a side (depending on the size).

10. chazp

chazp Active Member

I'm coming over to your house for dinner tonight. What time should I be there?

Draft saved Draft deleted