1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Moddy is right

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

How come when I click on this thread, I get a welcome to MSN communities and a sign in box?

2. KG

KG Active Member

Burners?? Please tell me you don't all use gas grills.

3. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I know I have a dirty mind, but I had to laugh. Well played.

4. Flash

Flash Guest

I got that, too ...

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

It's chazp's avatar, I think. When I get the signup, I hit cancel,a nd then his avatar is a red x. When I right-click for properties, it starts with some msnuser.com site or something.

6. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

In the last few days, I have used the sideburner to fry some bacon for breakfast and did some fried green tomatoes for dinner; cooked burgers; grilled some chicken parts; and tonight did ribs. Set two burners to medium and placed the ribs over the other two burners. Soaked some wood chips in water, wrapped them in foil and threw them in. Had yummy, yummy ribs an hour or so later.

7. I'm with you KG, charcoal rules.

And down here in the South, we've already grilled out about 20 times. Can't wait for Father's Day. That's going to rock.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

If my complex let me cook with fire, I'd do it damn near 365 days a year. Rain, dark, snow.... none of that shit ever bothered me.

9. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

'Cause yer spaaaatiallllll .... (yo, hoops! whazzup?)

Seriously, I'm pushing 42, and I just grilled for the first time a month ago. If time allowed, I'd do it every night. I gots me a charcoal jones in the worst way

10. KG

KG Active Member

It's an outright sin to cook on gas instead of charcoal. And anything that can be cooked on gas can be cooked on charcoal. In fact, when I go camping, on a charcoal grill (with the use of disposable pans) I make scrambled eggs with lots of good stuff added, bacon and even biscuits. Yep, that's right, I can make biscuits on a charcoal grill.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

And I can make them on a gas grill.
    We can argue all day about gas/charcoal. I love both.
    Bottom line: Charcoal is a pain in the ass and my time at night is limited. Waiting 30 minutes for it to be ready is time I don't have.
    Gas works just fine.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Agreed.... It's also why they make smoker chips...

Draft saved Draft deleted