1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mock NCAA selection show...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by The Backyardigan, Feb 7, 2007.

1. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Yup, No. 6 in 1999. Drew a good Evansville team first and lost to (I think) defending national champion Kentucky in overtime in the second round. Great game by Ryan Robertson.

In 2000, it was Dook as a No. 8 seed after getting a solid DaPaul team in the first round, which also went to OT.

I'll be fucked if Kansas plays Belmont in the first round this year. ;)

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/ncaa/article/0,2777,DRMN_23932_5345780,00.html

Includes "Five common misconceptions about the selection process"

3. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

If someone were to write a column in which he or she said they gained a new appreciation for how difficult it can be to select a field of 65 teams, that would be fine. If they wanted to include some of the concerns that came up, great. But if they put out NCAA pap as a result, that's not fine. That's when I tell 'em I've just killed their column.

Perhaps the NCAA just needs to do away with the secrecy involved. I know that stands about as much of a chance as having the NCAA implement a football playoff system in Division 1-A unless Congress threatens to sever funding, but it would be nice.

Draft saved Draft deleted