1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mobile internet help

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smokey33, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Smokey33

Smokey33 Member

I'm looking to purchase a blackberry (possibly used) or some kind of means of accessing the internet on the go. I don't have a cell phone, and that's part of the reason for this purchase. I don't want a cell phone but I'd like to be able to contact my wife.

Basically I'm just looking for a cheap way to browse the internet and send text messages without a cell phone.

Any suggestions on what type of device I should buy and what type of plan would give me a cheap way of accessing the internet and sending texts?
  2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Seems like you're entering the 20th century, George.
  4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Sure. You can get it there. It's a big town.

On. Sorry. Wrong mobile.

If you want cheap, don't get an iPhone.
  5. Smokey33

Smokey33 Member

To clarify, I have broadband at home. I just want to get something cheap (maybe used off ebay) that'll allow me to email/check scores/text message.

What I don't want is to pay for a cell phone calling plan that will only be useful during the 1% of my life when I'm away from home/work/my wife and her cellphone. I don't need the phone, just the internet access.

And if I could get a good enough device to allow me to watch my slingbox on the go, that'd be sweet.
Draft saved Draft deleted