1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MNsj.com, here we go again with a 35W bridge (no collapse)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rosie, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

After the first bridge collapsed, I read a folo story that said there are 73,000 bridges in the United States that are in need of repairs or otherwise are not up to safety standards.

Plenty of those bridges might just need some minor repairs, but that statistic is staggering.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

The word "minor" never sounds right when used with heart attacks or bridge repairs.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

According to this story. This is a temporary bridge that was installed while road work is being done.

4. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

Or Michael Jackson and R. Kelly, but that's another thread..........

5. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Are you talking about what's currently going on with the Marquette Interchange? Or the upcoming construction in Racine and Kenosha Counties to the Illinois border?

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I haven't been back up that way since Spring 2006. So whatever was going on then.

7. One of the many options for cheap in-room entertainment during my undergrad days was looking out the dorm room window during a snowstorm to see the cars fail to negotiate the Marquette Interchange.

8. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Enjoyable drunk or sober, eh?

9. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Then you are referring to the four-year Marquette Interchange reconstruction ... which has been relatively smooth-sailing for the most part.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Not when I drove through. Total clusterfuck. And y'all keep saying you aren't trying to be like Chicago. ;)

11. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

A clusterfuck for a FIB, maybe. ;D

If we were trying to be like Chicago, we would put toll booths up and replace them every 2 years.

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Well, that and have women without mustaches. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted