1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MNF flagrant foul on the Cowboys

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Sep 27, 2011.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

There was a Redskin pass in the fourth quarter, caught. Two Dallas defenders hit him. Neither led with helmet, neither hit the receiver's helmet. A flagrant foul penalty called.

Tirico said something about 'not allowing the receiver a chance to head up field'.

I have never heard of such a thing.

Anybody?

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I think the officials thought either: A) one of the defenders led with the helmet; or B) the receiver was hit in the helmet. Tirico was off. As I understand it, that's not the rule.

I understand how officials might miss that call, though, because we're talking splits of split seconds. How they missed that tackle of DeMarcus Ware -- in the wide open and on a blitz, no less -- is beyond me.

3. SellOut

SellOut Member

Tirico is horrific. I'd almost, ALMOST, rather have Berman.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Stop it.

I would rather have Tirico sing me lullabies nightly than have Berman anywhere near a headset.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

If the officials got the call right on that one, every defense in the NFL should just quit right now. It was a perfectly clean hit.

6. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

If Berman did it, the following would have happened:

"Uhhhh, Kevin "Please Plant Me An" Ogletree with the errr, uhhhhhh catch. He did NOT GO ALL THE WAY because he uhhh, errrr, ummm was hit by ehhh Reed "No" Doughty.

7. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

That's so rude....sorry to explode, but....

(NSFW audio)

Draft saved Draft deleted