1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MN state hockey tournament - 2010 edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rosie, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Re: MN state hockey tournament

I miss those clear boards, too. Man, the only thing I miss about living in Minnesota is not getting to see the state tournament. Went for the first time in '86, but haven't been to one since about '92, I think. Just for the record, my alma mater is Marshall (although it was Cathedral back in my day), so GO TOPPERS!!!

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Re: MN state hockey tournament

I have two nieces who graduated from Cathedral. Go Crusaders!

3. Re: MN state hockey tournament

Iowa's wrestling tournament is cool, but it has too many classes for my taste.

4. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

Saw my first one in the late '60's. Mike Antonovich at the Met.

Games to be played, but based on how the season has gone the finals should come down to Roseau and Edina. Edina is questionable in goal. Roseau hasn't played a tough schedule like Edina this year.

Edina 3-2 in OT.

5. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I have personal connections to a couple teams in this year's tourney, including Roseau, so I will cease any comments lest I jinx them. [/superstitious goalie]

I won't be able to post updates today -- I leave for work shortly, and I probably won't be back home till after 10 p.m.

RM, did you see the piece they did on Mike between periods of one of last night's game? It was way cool.

6. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

I didn't see any of the games yesterday. Wish I would've seen the piece. He and Boucha were the best hs players I saw. Might have to put Reed Larson in there too.

Should be some good games coming up. Really would like to see a Roseau/Edina finals. They've been 1-2 all year. It would be just like the old days.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The Texas boys' basketball state tournament starts today in Austin. For the afterthought hoops is in Texas (basically six weeks from the state football finals to the start of the playoffs), they really pack 'em in at the Erwin Center. Usually sold out, 14,000+ each session.

8. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

Here we go. Best of luck to all teams today.

If anyone is interested the Star Tribune Sunday started a 5 part series on a Minnesota high school kid who went to play in the National program in Michigan. Keep clearing your cache and you get around the registration thing. (Apologies to Jeff S. :) )

www.startribune.com

9. jeffshelman

jeffshelman New Member

Rosie's least favorite team (Edina) leads Cloquet-Esko-Carleton 1-0 after one period.

You can get updates throughout the day here (it will allegedly be updated after each goal): http://ww3.startribune.com/blogs/preps/

And be nice and register. Your clicks might save somebody's job :)

10. jeffshelman

jeffshelman New Member

One more thing, I just have a feeling that it won't be Edina-Roseau in Saturday night's finals. Could happen, but I'm guessing one of these two stumble. I wouldn't be stunned if Benilde gets to the final.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

BTW, for you hockey die-hards, watch the Ness kid who plays D for Roseau.

He's the real deal.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

2-0 Hornets, now.

Come on, Lumberjacks!

Draft saved Draft deleted