1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLS ESPN Thurs Night Soccer Running Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Apr 19, 2007.

?

How long before you fall asleep watching MLS

1. 1 Minute

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 5 Minutes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Clipped toenails instead

40.0%
  4. Feel asleep during intro and woke up to Chuck Norris Infomercial that was more entertaining

20.0%
  5. Watched entire game and now my eyeballs are bleeding

40.0%
  1. MN Matt

MN Matt Member

I like college basketball, sort of, but refuse to watch the NBA

2. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

If you would like to think so. The only real difference being that quality of college athletics can never improve as the players are there for only four years, at most, can never return and do not get paid.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The point is, I don't care if it's Man U playing or two teams fighting off relegation; I'll watch the EPL game over even the MLS championship game any day. You said it's like only liking powerhouse teams. A sport is not intrinsically enjoyable; overall level of play makes a lot of difference.

4. MN Matt

MN Matt Member

I'd take any midtable or higher teams over Watford v Sheffield United

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

If this wasn't up against The Office and CSI, I'd be all over it. As it is, I'll flip over to soccer during commercials.

6. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

But it certainly becomes the issue when you are going to claim to rather watch a relegation battle in the EPL over the MLS Cup. It is the equivalent of saying that you would rather watch the Yankees play the Devil Rays, a game that wouldn't be very good, than watch the Royals in the middle of a pitcher's duel with the Indians.

But since the two never really collide in schedule, you don't have to make an either or decision.

That is why I'll have the DVR going. Oh and the awesomeness of watching it on HD.

7. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Does the fact that this thread is on the anything-goes board rather than the sports-and-news board indicate a suggestion that soccer isn't a sport?

8. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Not at all. The first post and the poll that is at the beginning gives you the reason for its location. However, I'm sure it was fun for you to type out that last post.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Fixed.

10. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

How many pages is the soccer thread in the news forum?

That's what I thought.

STFU.

11. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

If my posted is perceived a troll post, then fine. I never questioned whether soccer is a sport or not. If you read the post, which might help, I asked if the placement was making that suggestion. While I appreciate the other responses, only Boom (or the mods who didn't move the thread) could answer that.

12. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

It isn't a news or sports thread. It wasn't started to discuss anything. It was only made so one poster could demonstrate his in-depth and thoroughly deep comedic talents.

Draft saved Draft deleted