1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLS ESPN Thurs Night Soccer Running Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Apr 19, 2007.

?

How long before you fall asleep watching MLS

1. 1 Minute

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 5 Minutes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Clipped toenails instead

40.0%
  4. Feel asleep during intro and woke up to Chuck Norris Infomercial that was more entertaining

20.0%
  5. Watched entire game and now my eyeballs are bleeding

40.0%
  1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

ESPN has asked me to run this survey for them. Your answers are appreciated.

2. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Wait, the joke here is that soccer is boring? When did you come up with that one?

Why not a thread about airlines, convenience store attendants or those tags on the bottom of mattresses?

This is intellectually lazy and overall disappointing. Boom, go to your room.

(BTW, I'm saving all my posts to a thumb drive and to an external hard drive so I can post them later if you delete them.)

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Well if the "action" in the first two Toronto FC games is any indication, before the kick off.

4. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Indeed. How original.

5. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I like the fact that the game is shown in HD. The commentators seemed solid and the game last week was rather good.

Tonight's game will feature New England and Columbus. The Crew aren't very good but they have a lot of youth. They just lack some experienced leadership.

I expect New England to score in bunches as Twellman puts on a show.

6. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Nice threadjack, Pastor.
    To you I say, Amen.

7. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Well, Twoback, there is always the trouble that Shalrie Joseph is causing. I'm wondering what kind of impact his negative energy will have on those taking the pitch.

I really think it comes down to Ralston feeding the ball.

I know I've got my DVR set.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

"score in bunches" = 2. Not hating, just saying.

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I've been pleased with the improvement Dave Ryan has shown since the world cup on play-by-play too. And of course Rob Stone is always excellent.

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

New England scored four last week.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

You pulled an aberration out to imply a commonality.

12. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

I guess Schelotto is not suiting up for Columbus? That's too bad. I'm a big fan of good wing play. And Ralston has to be one of the most underrated players in the league. I think he could have been a national team level right back but he just didnt' seem to get the right chances. A pro's pro.

Draft saved Draft deleted