1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLBTradeRumors.com: The most gullible BLOGGER alive

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Dec 5, 2007.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Did you know 'gullible' isn't in the dictionary?

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Believe it or not, someone actually came in my library once and asked to see a dictionary to look that word up. Apparently, "Ask Marilyn" had said this, and "she wouldn't make something like that up"!

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Have you no decency, sir?
    They are talking about extending him in 2010 because of a club option in 2009. He isn't taking off 2009. Fanboi had it right, and you had it wrong. Go ahead and say it: "I was wrong on this one. Fanboi had it right."

The Truth shall set you free, BYH.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

I admit nothing, except that I am right.

I just pulled out (heh) my 2007 Angels media guide. guess what it says? VLADDY SIGNED THRU 2008. NO OPTION LISTED.

PM me your fax number and I'll send it to you so that you can confirm that I was, once again, right.

SCOREBOARD!!!

BYH 10
    Poindexter -2
    BLOGGERS -1,900,000

5. poindexter

So you are really trying to tell me that Vlad is a FA in 2009. Technically, he may be, but the club holds his 2009 option with an $x million buyout. He won't be bought out. The club will exercise that 2009 option, so he will not be on the market in 2009.

May you be inundated with 468 texts and PMs from IJAG in a one hour span.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

hahahaha if IJAG cared enough about baseball to chip in here, she'd say I'm completely accurate in stating, both now and also way back when angelswin.com started this highly entertaining standoff, that Vladdy is a free agent after next year. What else am I supposed to believe if not the media guide? It makes no sense for the guide not to list his contract status as the following: Signed through 2008 (team option for 2009).

Yet TWO Angels guides state he is only signed thru 2008. Most other teams put the option information in the bio. The Angels apparently do not.

Therefore, I am accurate in saying vladdy is a free agent after next year.

Scoreboard!

7. poindexter

What are you going to say when Vlad signs the 2009 club option? Huh?

Just my luck, it will probably happen the day when the lead singer from White Snake, or Poison, or Panterra dies, and this will be quietly swept under the rug.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'm going to say Tim Mead should make his bios more detailed.

And then I'm going to cry, a lot, and listen to "I Won't Forget You" over and over and over again.

9. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

First, MLBtraderumors.com is a good site - when it is not reporting news :) (which I've never seen it do before, and presumably won't again).

Second, can we end this Vlad Guerrero pissing match?

http://www.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20040112&content_id=627420&vkey=news_ana&fext=.jsp&c_id=ana

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

It's not a pissing match. I'm having fun "arguing" with Poin. This isn't an embittered battle, a la the salary cap arguments with people who don't know any better.

That said...the Angels should have this info in their books. Christ. It's not like I have time to go on the Internet and research it, or anything.

11. poindexter

Fanboi Blogger 1
    BYH 0

12. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

There is a real John Delcos. Yankees for the Westchester papers, last I heard. He was the driving force behind getting bbl writers the Marriott athletic VIP rate. So much loved in some quarters. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted