1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLBTradeRumors.com: The most gullible BLOGGER alive

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Dec 5, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

What can I say? I'm a vengeful man.

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

The rumor posted by the blog got down to Nashville and started the shitstorm, not the other way around.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Goddamn motherfucking blogging cocksucker, asswipe can't even get it right.

What's his scoop tomorrow, Les Miles leaving for Michigan??

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

You are changing the facts - this started b/c you ripped blogger boy, when blogger boy had the dates correct.

Come clean on this - I'm warning you!!

5. Dewey Wins!

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

No one's denying the mainstream media gets scoops wrong.

But this one reeked to high heaven of a prank, and BLOGGER!!! predictably jumped all over it, and it was so outlandish it became a story in spite of itself. And it forced Billy Beane from his bunker, where he was coming up with a way for on-base percentage to cure AIDS, to belittle the rumor.

so yeah. He deserves to be mocked.

He MIGHT have had the dates correct. I'll take the Angels media guide as gospel over anything else.

He had nothing else correct. Does he want a cookie?

7. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

OK, let's start this one now:

DeSalvo & Mussina to the Mets for Delgado & Schoenweiss, Mets to sign Sean Casey to play 1st.

I want a response / denial from Cashman or Omar, get to work.

8. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

The guy has an ad for The Bay/Zellers on his online publication, so he's a Canuck.

I'm betting that rat bastard Jeff Blair called and pretended to be "trusted New York sportswriter" John Delcos. :D

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

C'mon BYH, it's OPS that cures cancer. Billy Beane deserves respect, especially after his breakthrough that win shares eases the gout.

And as Guy said, that was a damn dirty trick. Good job!

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Ryan Sonner has infinite Win Shares.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

My favorite part of the mess is, after reading the latest post in which the blogger says, "I apologize - not sure why someone would go to such lengths, but lesson learned," I went on to read the actual rumor, plus this gem: "Stay with me, because this one's crazy. But rest assured that if the source wasn't good, I wouldn't post it."

Reminds me of the line, "Sex Panther, because 60 percent of the time, it works every time." Just straight bullshit.

This guys credibility -- if he ever (and that's a big "if") had any -- has got to be completely shot. After all, when someone says they have something from a "trusted" source, wouldn't that imply that they at least, you know, know said source. "Thanks, Fake John Delcos," was a line meant to pawn off blame on whomever impersonated the NY Sportswriter (and, honestly, I don't even know if there is a John Delcos), but it pretty much sums up this guy's problem. He didn't even know the identity of the person he was talking to, much less have any idea what was going on at the winter meetings.

FRAUD!

12. KP

KP Active Member

Not surprising that she would get tripped up by that one.

Draft saved Draft deleted