1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLBTradeRumors.com: The most gullible BLOGGER alive

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Dec 5, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

I was going to post this two hours ago, but then got sidetracked by, gasp, work. But apparently some BLOG!!!! called MLBTradeRumors.com got a tip from a "trusted New York sportswriter" who said the Twins, A's and Mets were working on a three-way...............trade in which the Mets would get Santana, the twins would get Haren and the A's would get Jose Reyes.

So I thought to myself "Self, why would a trusted New York sportswriter GIVE the trade of the year to a BLOG? Wouldn't he/she post it on his/her newspaper's site?"

It stunk of someone mocking a BLOGGER!!!! by giving him a completely worthless idea straight out of talk radio la la land, figuring the BLOGGER!!! would be dim enough to run with it as fact. And sure enough, he was. Read this for a good laugh.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2007/12/santanareyeshar.html

Silly little bloggers.

Maybe The Big Lead will write a follow-up!

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

BLOGS!!!!!! 14
    Legitimate News Media 3,134

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Why do the BLOGS! hate freedom?

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

This was as thorough an ass-kicking as you'll see:
    http://blogs.nypost.com/sports/wm/archives/2007/12/3-way_deal_a_to.html

This amused me:

I'm glad MLBTradeRumors has writers he trusts for his information, instead of, you know, going out and getting it him-or-herself.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Fourteen? Don't tell me, Doc, you're counting angelswin.com's little scoop on Vlad's extension (which, Poin, still has not been confirmed or announced).

Let's update the scoreboard.

BYH 2
    Poindexter 0
    Bloggers -900,210

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Butbutbutbutbut angelswin got an exclusive interview with Tony Reagins! [/poindexter]

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

You, my spandex-bedecked friend, are still flummoxed by Vlad's option year.

No joke, I heard espn radio (local) talking about the Vlad extension this morning.

Fiyah!

8. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

You don't get it. The deal was done. It just collapsed because it got reported.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

And Bill Conlin still turns and looks out the window for his postman when his ancient AOL account says "you got mail".

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Leave my spandex out of this, Poin.

Fact: Angels postseason media guide says Vlad signed thru 2008. Another postseason guide in my possession has option years listed for its players. Hence, it is not inaccurate at all to say Vlad is signed only thru 2008.

Fact: No confirmation yet the Angels are signing Vlad to an extension beginning in 2010.

Fact: Poindexter wears women's clothing and dreams of obtaining his teaching degree so he can have relations with a student and end up on Dateline. Fiyah!!!

11. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

That wasn't very nice of you, BYH. From now on he's going to call you a once trusted sportswriter.

12. NESN's Tina Cervasio also reported this as a hot rumor that was making the rounds of the lobby in Nashville during NESN's Hot Stove specal. So it wasn't just the blogger who was taken in by the joke rumor.

Draft saved Draft deleted