1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLBlogs part-time editor

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Write-brained, May 23, 2008.

1. Found this interesting. From Massmediajobs.com:

Company Name: MLBlogs.com

Job Status: Part Time

Salary: Not Specified

Job Location: New York, NY

Job Description:

JOB RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:

Maintain editorial promotion on MLBlogs.com using MLBAM content management system. Have a daily awareness of blog community and spotlighting them to elevate blogger visibility. Create blogs for members of MLB family, and continuously index those. Monitor comment-flagging email and take any necessary actions in conjunction with supervisor. Edit/post content on behalf of some high-profile bloggers when necessary. Communicate with individual fan bloggers who need assistance. Write occasional enterprise articles for MLB.com to promote MLBAM initiatives.

SKILLS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION:

High-level acumen for User Generated Content. Ideally, candidates would be experienced with Movable Type. Adapts easily to different software products. High journalistic standards and strong personal ethics, initiative and responsibility. Able to combine good editing/writing skills with marketing needs of a major corporation. Considered a hardcore baseball fan. Basic HTML knowledge. Ability to work under deadline pressure in a dynamic 24/7/365 environment. Strong interpersonal skills. Proficient in all computer basics.

Reply To:
    Please submit your qualifications to: jlc@mlb.com with the title "P/T Editor" in the subject line

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Do I understand correctly that this would be a part-time gig in NYC?

3. I was curious about that as well. Living in NYC doesn't seem necessary to me. I don't see why you'd even have to leave your mom's basement.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

What about the doghouse in the backyard? Is that acceptable, too?

(I live in Florida. We don't have basements.)

Draft saved Draft deleted