1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

mlb.tv

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ondeadline, Apr 29, 2007.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Re: mlb.tv question

Just got it last night and used Safari instead of Firefox. I think it might have fixed the problem, but all the games were over by the time I tried it, so I'm not sure yet. I'll have to check it out tonight.

2. Re: mlb.tv question

i also have the basic mlb subscription. I'm a baseball addict and even though i live in NY, i need to be able to watch other games. My routine lately has been to put on the Phillies at 7 and the Dodgers at 10 (unless there is a great pitching matchup going on somewhere else) and just have them on in the background. My wife is pregnant and has been so exahusted lately that she's asleep by 9 each night (leaving me with plenty of time on my hands). I haven't been able to get into either the NBA or NHL playoffs so this is pretty much all I watch. When i was living abroad, i missed baseball almost more than anything else--feel like i'm making up for lost time...

3. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I ended up upgrading and I really like the clearer picture. On my 36-inch TV, it's clearly not TV quality but it's pretty close.

Now, if they could get rid of the irritating Dick's Sporting Goods "it's about..." ad. It was amusing maybe the first 20 times I heard it, but I've had enough. I'd rather hear the stupid music I've been sick of for weeks. :)

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

...is pissing me off.

I've had trouble with a jerky/delayed signal the last few times I've been on. I figured it was shitty wireless. Tonight, I tried calling up the Royals-A's game (hi Oz and Simon and DoubleDown68 and Chef and oh hell I can't name all you silly ass Royals fans) and got...nothing.

Bastards.

5. Thought I would bring this back from the dead for this comment. Vin Scully is awesome. I always learn something new about a player listening to him.

6. Meaning, you've never listened to him?

Draft saved Draft deleted