1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB.TV Question

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pete Incaviglia, Apr 14, 2009.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The blackout isn't about protecting ticket sales. It's about protecting the cable stations.

2. NX

NX Member

On O'ahu? Besides, Oceanic cable carries both L.A. teams.

3. NX

NX Member

My wife is in the Army Nurse Corps, so didn't really have a choice. Not that I would have objected. Missing Lincecum's crappy start and Johnson's LONG road to 500 is but a small price to pay.

True, it's not the Mainland, and I, a haole, am in the distinct minority (not a bad thing), but it's far from a foreign country. My wife did rant that it was a third-world country, though, when she couldn't find a certain kind of cat litter until Petco arrived several weeks ago. It was right around the time the state got its first Target, which she was thrilled about, too.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I was just joking with you. Enjoy the island.

5. NX

NX Member

I should have sensed the sarcasm. I've mellowed out some since coming here. I don't know what got into me. Maybe it's being forced to watch the Dodgers, although listening to Vin Scully is like finding a treasure every day. ;)

6. Habeas Corpus

Habeas Corpus Member

This is the third straight year that I have had an account and split it with two others (three different cities in two different states). Each year we have done a test run on Opening Day to make sure we could all log on and watch games at the same time before they sent me checks for their portion. Has worked fine each year.

7. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Is anyone else having problems getting NexDef working, or is it just my computer?

8. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

you need to d/l it first. then it should work fine, it loads right up for me. sometimes, i cant max out the bars though.

9. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I downloaded it when I purchased MLB.TV, but today I couldn't seem able to max the bars. Oh well...

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Hoping someone can help me out...

So I just signed up tonight, and I'm trying to watch the Angel game. I've got the premium package and downloaded NexDef.

The Angel game seemed ok. Then I switched briefly to another game. When I returned to the Angels it jumped back to the exact point when I first started watching the game. If I swtch to other games, they keep picking up where I started with them too.

Now I can't get the Angel game at all.

Anyone had a similar issue? I'm bouncing between Firefox & IE, same issues with both.

11. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

In my experience, MLB.tv premium is a waste of money. There have been glitches every year since they've offered it (which might actually only be 2-3 years) ...

Last year, it was incredibly slow and I had a difficult time getting games to load. The year before that, I couldn't get all the bars up so even if I wanted to watch the game with superior picture quality, I couldn't.

I bought the basic package this year and couldn't be happier. The games change back and forth with no trouble at all and the picture is about as clear as it is on my TV. Also, the Angels are tied 3-3.

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

An update...

I'm running Vista and was using the 64 bit version of Firefox and IE. I switched to 32 bit IE and it seems to be working fine.

Draft saved Draft deleted