1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB.tv: Proof that God wants us to be happy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Apr 3, 2007.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

What's the difference between premium and regular? Is it just that you can watch six games at once? If so, it hardly seems worth the extra $30. You can always just click around.

2. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

I'm finding the exact opposite of some on here -- the picture with Mosaic, both the thumbnails and full screen, is much worse than via a browser. I'm finding that I'll check the games out via Mosaic, then watch the one I want through Internet Explorer.

That said, mlb.tv is really neat. Left a spring football practice today and figured, what the hell, it's a nice day, I'll write and file my story on the grass at a park where I know there's free wireless access. Wrote my story, then fired up mlb.tv, sat back and watched Cards-Astros for about a half hour before I had to head home.

Watching a live baseball game in a park with no TV around . . . I felt pretty cool.

3. Cameron Frye

Cameron Frye Member

I didn't notice at first myself, but when you switch to single game mode in Mosaic, it defaults to 400k/sec instead of the 700k you're getting in Explorer. There's a little video quality toggle at the top of the screen.

4. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

With Mosaic, I can now watch full screen games at 400K.

But I can't get it to load at 700K.

My laptop is a year-old iBook G4 with all the newest updates. I will figure this out.

Baby steps.

5. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

6. ondeadline

Is there any point to downloading mosaic if you aren't subscribing to the premium service?

7. ondeadline

OK, they at least changed the video they show during commercials to a mock Pacman game. For the love of god, why can't they change the audio played during the commercials!!!!

8. Leo Mazzone

Leo Mazzone Member

All I'm getting every time I try and watch a game is a stupid Right Guard commercial. Anyone know what the problem is?

9. ondeadline

Anybody watching the Padres-D'backs game? It appears that what we're getting there is the feed that goes to the big screen at the stadium with the radio play-by-play dubbed in. There is no score box and at the end of one inning (before the pac-man commercial-break thing came on) a big graphic came on telling you that if the Padres scored 10 runs, you could take your ticket stub to Hooters for a discount.

I don't ever remember getting a feed like that when I had Extra Innings last season.

10. ondeadline

I went to the Web site for Extra Innings and the Padres-Diamondbacks game wasn't listed. So this is one area where mlb.tv clearly is better. You'll get EVERY game that's not subject to blackout restrictions on mlb.tv, but you only get the games that are televised on Extra Innings. On top of that, it's cheaper.

Draft saved Draft deleted