1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB.tv: Proof that God wants us to be happy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Apr 3, 2007.

1. But if you turn on a live game, it doesn't work?

2. KP - let me know if just changing your address works for you. Sounds much easier than going through a proxy to get the job done.

3. KP

KP Active Member

Correct

4. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

I had that same question, and the short answer is no. I actually talked to a customer service person, and they told me that the computer knows what state you are in by your IP address (or whatever) so you can't lie in your profile when you sign up and give them your brother's address in Texas. I tried that.

It's great if you're favorite team is in another state. If you live in the same state, you're most likely screwed.

5. KP

KP Active Member

So someone in California could use my email and password to get on and watch a certain team in the AL East because their IP address would come up as Podunk, CA?

6. Have you tried going through MLB Mosaic yet to watch a live game?

7. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

As long as the actual computer is not in an MLB team's blackout zone, I believe so. But that person couldn't watch games involving their local team (Angels, Dodgers, etc.). I forget if blackout rules include games when your local team is on the road. That's where it gets confusing.

8. KP

KP Active Member

No, downloading that now. The message on mlb.com said mosaic still had issues to be resolved so i was sticking with individual games.

9. Cameron Frye

Cameron Frye Member

The full screen picture is MUCH better through Mosaic than through a web browser for me.

I never understood all the hate for Hawk Harrelson until I tried watching the Sox-Indians game just now. "Our Sox" this, and "Our Sox" that. And he beats out the Card's Mike Shannon for "Most Annoying Home Run Call."

10. KP

KP Active Member

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

11. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

OK... I paid the $5 upgrade......

Still don't know how to get more than one window open at once.....

12. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I signed up intending to cancel after the five-day trial period. I'm hoping that Dish Network gets a deal for Extra Innings. I do like the fact that I don't have to see the commercials.

Draft saved Draft deleted