1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB.tv: Proof that God wants us to be happy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Apr 3, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

I just signed up for it. Oh my. This...this is pretty goddamn cool. Any game I want at any time.

It's almost good enough to forgive Selig for driving me here in the first place via the Direct TV deal. Almost.

2. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I've been a really happy subscriber for two years.

3. fleishman

fleishman Active Member

i like the idea of it but i just don't want to stare at a computer screen. i liked laying down and watching the late games television.

4. Hammer Pants

Laptop and wireless internet isn't a bad combo.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

The man knows of what he speaks. This is the friggin life.

6. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Isn't there a way to use an s-connection (I think that's what they call it) to plug a computer into a TV? I'm kind of waiting to see if Dish works out a deal for Extra Innings.

7. Dignan

Dignan Guest

I hope you signed up for the premium service. It's much better than regular old mlb.tv

8. ondeadline

You have to have a really high-speed connection to use the premium service, though. (You can go to the site and test the speed to see if your connection is fast enough.)

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

No, I signed up for mlb.tv. I wanted to make sure I liked it first. If I'm tracking fantasy guys I can just jump back and forth and open different windows.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

So who are your fantasy guys? Not that there's anything wrong with that.

11. ondeadline

I was doing the laptop watching with the MMOD during the NCAA tournament. At one point, I had one game on the laptop and one game on the desktop. Somebody called me on my Vonage phone line (which is through the Internet) and I was using so much bandwidth that we couldn't hear each other.

12. Hammer Pants

The best thing about mlb.tv is that I can watch any game I want anywhere there is high-speed internet. Anywhere. It's already paid off so many times the past two years.

$15 per month well spent. Thinking about the upgrade.

Draft saved Draft deleted