1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

mlb.tv for mobile phone

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by proudpittsburgher, May 31, 2011.

1. I was thinking of plunking down the cash for mlb.tv, but I had a couple of questions.. . .

I have an iphone 4, and have paid the 120 for mlb.tv premium before. I liked it because I could just connect my computer to my bigscreen and watch it on tv that way, if I was home. Otherwise, I liked the internet portability of watching it wherever I was. Now, I see you can get it for 50 bucks for the smartphone only (after paying 11 bucks for the mlb at bat ap.

So, can I connect my smartphone to my TV and get a decent quality feed, or will it be worse than buying the premium mlb.tv package? I know a cable exists to do this, but I wasn't sure about the quality.

Also, does anyone have this who could talk me into or out of getting it? I also plan on replacing my XM in the car with this service, and I can just connect my phone to the cars audio system so I can choose home or away broadcasts, as opposed to only getting home broadcasts through XM.

Any guidence on this would be appreciated. Thanks

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Allow me to draft off your heat. If one gets the MLB radio app, can you use it on a PC as well, or do you have to buy a separate package?

3. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Audio for a PC and mobile are separate fees. For MLB.tv, the best best is to get a Roku to watch on a TV or hook up a laptop your TV.

4. patchs

patchs Active Member

I'm not sure about the iPhone but the upcoming Evo 3D will have a HDMI out and I'm tempted to get At Bat with the TV and try it.
    It's amazing, for $65 for the entire season, you can watch EVERY MLB game on your phone. MLB deserves major props for this.

Draft saved Draft deleted