1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB.TV auto-renewal

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Mar 6, 2008.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

How do you get the mosaic? I finally signed up, but haven't seen a link for mosaic. And is there anything you can do to make the Silverlight player actually go full-screen?

2. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Still trying to figure that out. If anyone stumbles on it, post it.

And for the second straight year, Mosaic is, to me, worthless.

(Have to say, though, it was pretty cool here today playing Mr. Mom, with Royals-Tigers on the living room TV, D-Backs-Reds on the den tube and ChiSox-Indians on the PC. You stuck your little brother in the what, son?)

3. KP

KP Active Member

the only way i've gotten to mosaic is typing it in the little search bar
    haven't used it yet though

4. rascalface

rascalface Member

You can download Mosaic here...
    http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/subscriptions/download.jsp

I uninstalled silverlight because it was just too choppy. The streams are much more fluid in the old viewer. But you can't get the 1.2M stream in the Web viewer without silverlight. And I can't get the 1.2M stream to work in Mosaic. So, for now at least, I'm SOL with the higher-end video quality. Plus the "full screen" mode in Mosaic (for Mac at least) doesn't fill the screen, just the application window. It's a known issue and they say they will eventually resolve it.

The support forum for Mosaic is here...
    http://mlb.ensequence.com/index.php

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Another thing ... anyone else get blacked out when they try to log on with a different computer than they signed up with? Happened to me yesterday. They said if I was blacked out in error to verify my address and CC#. I did and wasn't blacked out anymore. Am I going to have to do that with every computer I use (between work, home and trying to get the game on at friends' houses, I use several)? Is that just to keep people from giving out their password to other people?

6. markvid

markvid Guest

Many thanks to those to who said about the auto-renew, I never knew that. You saved me money...

7. PHINJ

PHINJ Active Member

It's a total crock that you're blacked out of all other games when Fox is broadcasting.

8. i had it last year only because extra innings wasn't available on cable for the first couple weeks of the season. i hated it. it sucked and the customer service blew. just a miserable experience i ended up just getting extra innings. if you're on the road enough that you'll miss a lot of games, think about slingboxing that shit. negatives: a little more expensive (extra innings is $179, slingbox is like a hundred), no archive. positives: slingbox is the greatest invention ever.

Draft saved Draft deleted