1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB.TV auto-renewal

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

So, do you listen to it on speaker phone or just hold it up to your ear like you are talking or what?
    That could be a very good buy for those long awful drives around West Texas.

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Yeah, I just turn up the volume and it's fine. The sound quality is no different than listening to the radio. (Granted, I'm not spoiled by the quality of satellite.) I rarely lose a signal, except for maybe once or twice a game when it's buffering for 10 seconds.

3. Their audio option works well, press box or no.

4. patchs

patchs Active Member

Since I got a Slingbox for my Treo last year, I've thought about getting the MLB package on DirecTV but since I'm already spending $260 for the NFL, and I work 5 nights a week, I'm going to bite the bullet on this one.
    Still, it would be cool to have all those MLB games on my phone.

5. The Granny

The Granny Guest

I called last week told them not to auto renew. Guess what they did today?

"You'll get the money you didn't have from your debit card back in seven to 10 days."

Yeah, thanks for that.

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I liked it a lot.

7. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Anyone else having problems on Sunday night? I had to cover a college game and want to watch the archived Braves-Nats but can't get it to come up -- nor any of the exhibition games. The Baseball's Best games are working just fine, though.

8. Check back after 6 a.m., Joe.

9. Jim_Mora

Jim_Mora Member

I don't like this new media player

10. rascalface

rascalface Member

Mosaic still not available for download, 20 minutes before games start. I hope Mosaic still has the true full-screen viewing option.

From what I've read, the Silverlight media player (which I also don't like because the video is much choppier than with the old media player) won't be used in Mosaic, only in the Web viewer.

11. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

I don't, either.

The full-screen option stinks. Primarily because it's not a full screen.

12. KP

KP Active Member

New Mosaic now available. Now wait 5 minutes so I can get mine to load.

Draft saved Draft deleted