1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB Trade Deadline Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Beaker, Jul 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

If offered Youkilis for Teixeira, the Braves should not spend any time negotiating further. Take it straight up. Yesterday. That said, I have a hard time seeing the Red Sox making that deal, because, while you give up a little bit in overall numbers, Youkilis is clutch. I'm not sold on the notion that Teixeira is. And Youkilis won't trash your payroll like Teixeira will.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I heard something about those talks earlier, with the Red Sox asking for Kemp in the deal. Supposedly, Torre is not a huge fan of Kemp's, so maybe there is some truth to this.

I don't see why this would turn into trading Youkilis for Teixeira. It really doesn't make sense for Boston.

Edit: Agreed with Zeke, buckdub and novelist

3. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Fuck that whiny bitch. Could the Royals expect to get anything from trading him?

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

The Dodgers backed out of the Sabathia trade, won't trade any of their prospects and are so goddamn cheap they had the Indians--THE INDIANS--pick up the remainder of Casey Blake's contract. And it's hard to even find a salary dump mix considering the Red Sox have no place to play Andruw Jones--since, you know, they have two centerfielders who can run the 40 without an hourglass.

This will not happen. Though the idea of Joe Torre trying to get thru to Manny is entertainingly awesome.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I just read elsewhere on the interwebs that Casey Kotchman has been pulled off the field during warmups and that leads folks to believe he is about to be traded for Tex.

6. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

WWL reporting now that Teixeira for Kotchman is imminent

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I saw it on SOSH, which linked ESPN Insider (something I don't have).

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

LA Times reporting it as done:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-trade30-2008jul30,0,7826166.story

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Solid deal for the Halos, though.

Should really solidify their lineup.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Yeah, I would have taken Tracy and Owings.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

As a Halos fan, I'm quite pleased with this deal.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'm a huge Kotchman fan. Dude's a future batting champ.

Great trade for the Braves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.