1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB Top 32

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Came across a great column by Joe Posnanski on SI.com listing his idea for the top 32 ball players in MLB. No doubt will start a debate on a few such as Adrian Gonzales at # 3 slot.

http://joeposnanski.si.com/2011/03/31/the-32-best-players-in-baseball-for-2011/

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

It's all subjective and HIS opinion but I have my doubts about listing 32 of baseball's best players and Ryan Howard isn't mentioned. Also, Pujols may be the best hittter but he can't run. How can you be baseball's best if you can't move?

3. secretariat

secretariat Active Member

Probably because he's overpaid, overrated, a sub-mediocre defensive first baseman and his numbers plummeted last season.

Because we don't use stolen bases to measure the best player. Otherwise, Juan Pierre wouldn't suck.

Also, Pujols isn't that slow. He's stolen 30 bases the last two seasons. He's not, just to mention a name, Ryan Howard on the bases.

4. Boom_70

All great points.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I have a similar argument with a friend of mine all the time. He thinks Adam Dunn is overrated because he strikes out too much. I say that all that really matters, in the end, is the production of one player measured against the other. How you run the race is irrelevant. I understand the mystique of the five-tool player, and how aesthetically pleasing one is. But Pujols, even without 80-speed, is the most productive player in baseball right now.

6. MartinonMTV2

MartinonMTV2 New Member

You know little of which you speak. Pujols might not be Lou Brock, but he can maneuver and runs the bases effectively.

7. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

Important point to keep in mind when evaluating the list-not necessarily the best baseball players, but the ones he expects to have the best seasons.

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

No Dodgers in the top 32.

Can't honestly say I disagree with that.

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

Troll, because that's what you're fast becoming, that is my opinion.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Ryan Howard wouldn't make my top 100 players at this point in his career. Severely, severely overrated.

11. Boom_70

If not Pujols, who will be the best player for MLB this year?

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Kershaw could be on this list next season.

Draft saved Draft deleted