1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB Thread...The Cleanup Spot

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Overrated, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Re: MLB 08...The Cleanup Spot

That's not possible.

2. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Shhhhhhhhhh. It's math.

3. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Man, I wish you could add home runs your pitchers hit to your batting totals.

The sad thing is, Adam Wainwright currently has more jacks than Prince Fielder.

4. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Thanks. That's why I stick to righting.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Paging David Ortiz - George Mitchell wants you to pee in this cup.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

It's the Red Sox! It's America's Team! Nothing to see, here . . .

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Eat some fucking hamburgers, Prince! Throw in a bratwurst or two for good measure.

Kyle Lohse is going to pitch a no-hitter today. Every single Brewer hitter is pressing at the plate. The Brewers' hitters aren't the most patient under the best of circumstances, so this is a decidedly bad thing.

8. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Through two innings, you're right on Lohse.

Question: Why are there new threads for baseball every few days? The number of pages really don't matter to me (I may be in the minority). I think most people do what I do: Click on the last page or the penultimate page and go from there. We had one thread for the entire NHL season and it worked fine. Is there a page limit for a thread? If so, why not start a new thread when that page limit is approached.

It's not a big deal at all, but I was just curious about the reason for starting so many threads during the season.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Steve Sparks says to lick his ass. :D

And tomorrow, R.A. Dickey--who converted to the knuckleball a year or two ago, much like Rod Carew to Judiasm--starts for the Mariners.

10. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Boy, is Derrek Lee off to a torrid start compared to last season. He had six home runs at the All-Star break last season. He already has six this season. He's been solid in the field as well.

11. He's always been solid in the field.

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

We've come to find out Miguel Tejada is really 33 and not 31. He's just been lying about his age.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.