1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB Thread Number 3, 2007

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, May 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I thought maybe it was because no one cared about the Sox-Yanks series.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Well, since there are four threads involving the Yankees on the first page right now I know that isn't true. By the way, Oz, nothing makes me happier than seeing the Rangers have a worse record than the Royals. I have been letting my co-workers have it thanks to the boys in blue.

3. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Haters? Am I a hater because I think they're going to finish closer to last in the AL than first? If that makes me a "hater," I'm here to check in.

I'd like to congratulate them for winning a whole two games in a row.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

But how could Angola pass up any opportunity to talk shit? They won a whole two in a row! The lead is down to.... 9 1/2! The Red Sox should just quit now!

5. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

The Yankees might want to pay a whole lot less attention to the Red Sox and a whole lot more to all the teams they need to pass to win the wild card.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Nah, the Yankees will win the East.

7. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

I've got "Yanks won't win the AL East" against any Yankees fanboy that wants to take the bet ... limit 5. The payoff: A year's subscription (next year, if necessary) to SportsJournalists.com.

8. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

And if you think I'm letting this fall off the first page ...

And, FWIW, if anybody needs a center fielder that has lost all ability to judge a fly ball (but sure can hit, all of a sudden), please call Pat Gillick.

/bitter phanboy

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

The Braves cut Mark Redman, 2006 All-Star.

10. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

KC wins 4-3, in exactly the sort of game they usually end up losing. Trailing 3-0, KC ties it in the sixth, and goes ahead in the seventh with a bases-loaded walk. The 'pen held over the last 3 innings too.

This last week or so has been a great breath of fresh air. Not just the wins... hell those are always nice. I like the way they're winning. A couple late comebacks against Oakland. Five-run 8th at Colorado. Scoring five in the 12th after letting a pair of one-run leads slip. And now a 3-run comeback over the division leaders.

Baseball with some heart. It's fan-fucking-tastic.

11. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Royals win again, 7-2 in their last nine.

Setting sights on fourth place.

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Thank god. Wish they would've done it a month ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.