1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB season delayed

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Regan MacNeil, Mar 12, 2020.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

So?

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Pretty sure it was Davey Johnson who had the Mets arrive in Montreal the day of the first game of the series rather than have the players tearing around the city the night before, guess he figured they'd find enough trouble the rest of the time there. And I wish I was heading to Montreal tomorrow for the NHL Draft.

3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Whitey Herzog has said he dreaded the three trips into Montreal each season.

Pittsburgh was an obvious connection and so was Montreal.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Is it true that if a game is still tied after 12, they go to Rock, Paper, Scissors?

Not a fan of the start with a runner on second thing. But I do look forward to Max and Strasburg dueling for the league lead in wins with 7. And Soto's 16 HRs

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Why not just make em whiffle ball?

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And ghost runners.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Use a chair As the catcher and strike zone.

8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Hate the runner on 2nd in extras rules. Hate it. But understand why it has to happen in this circumstance. I don’t believe it will be permanent. The DH in the NL? Here to stay.

9. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

This is an interesting question.

Someone do the math: What does a "good season" look like statistically when we're talking about 60 games?

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

60/162 = 37 percent.

So multiply season totals by 2.7 (1/.37 ) to get equivalents for a full season.

22 homers would be equivalent to 59.7 homers in a full season. 9 pitching wins would equal 24.3.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
  11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I'm more worried about somebody hitting .407 and them calling it a record, to jazz up a lean product

bigpern23 likes this.
  12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Nobody will care. Maybe if somebody hits .500.

Draft saved Draft deleted