1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB season delayed

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Regan MacNeil, Mar 12, 2020.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Teams and fans of those teams should care. I’d rather have another year of team control then 2 weeks of service. Especially in a year where there’s a good chance they won’t finish.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

They should have played with 8 men.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

“You have to start with a catcher or you will have all passed balls,” — Casey Stengel.

4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

The Dodgers had seven MLB sons in camp in 2012 and I believe they all played in a spring game together.

I love the lead

8BC46D41-8DAF-476B-80E1-14C53AA55841.png

Caple: Like father, like son

Deskgrunt50 and Batman like this.
  5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Is it just me, or does it feel like this is the most sons of former players that we've had in the majors in a long time? Maybe ever?

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Since baseball has been going on for 119 years in its present form, it makes sense that more and more descendants of former players would turn up as time went on.

8. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

Did someone say Norwegian Wood?

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I'm reminded of covering a high school game during my Arizona stint between some Catholic school in the Phoenix area and those Fighting Knights of Lake Havasu High. The spawn of Chris Speier and Bob Brenly were on the team from Phoenix team and Steve Howe's kid pitched for Havasu. Howe was an assistant coach and kept the book. Was also active in youth ball and helped coach the summer collegiate team.

10. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

Many owners and GMs care about service time. It's a dumb rule, however, I do not blame team management for taking advantage of it.

JC likes this.
  11. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

MLB should hire the citizens of Rock Ridge to make the cutouts

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Kinda cool listening to the Braves game in the car yesterday. Someone gets a base hit and when he dropped the bat I could clearly hear the distinctive tone of the bat hitting the ground and ringing. It's the little things.

Draft saved Draft deleted