1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB season delayed

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Regan MacNeil, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

By at least two weeks.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Which is good because by middle of April we'll be using stadiums and arenas for makeshift hospitals. Or worse.

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Bring back Sunday doubleheaders and they can knock 3 weeks off the season.

lakefront and bigpern23 like this.
  4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

MiLB as well.

5. TigerVols

Knock three months off the season and no one under the age of 50 would even notice.

garrow and playthrough like this.
  6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I would say the same thing about the NBA and NHL. But I enjoy having the Nats game almost every night for 6 months. It’s always something to watch for even a little while. a weekend day game is a pleasure, if not an expensive one.

People who like basketball and hockey like to watch it. NBA NHL regular season games lack a lot of meaning since half the teams make the playoffs and the seeding is nearly set by February. but for slot of people the games are comforting. It takes their absence to show their meaning.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Take a look at the NHL standings and get back to me.

8. TigerVols

As a board lurker noted to me the other day, the Houston Astros are the luckiest sonsabitches since Gary Condit.

lakefront, wicked, HanSenSE and 5 others like this.
  9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

For me it's Reds games on the radio with Marty Brennaman, and I can remain in denial about his retirement for a bit longer.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

We did a Q&A on golf with Justin Verlander since he's a Virginia guy and a member at one of our clubs and put it on the cover of our magazine. We were slightly concerned about blowback for featuring someone affiliated with the Astros. The mag hit mailboxes this weekend, and I don't think anyone even remembers that the Astros scandal existed.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

PBS to stream "Ken Burns Baseball" per his request.

12. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Baseball has a chance to fill an incredible void.
    The sports world is barren.
    MLB should play the games in empty stadiums but on live TV.
    Folks will watch.
    From everything I know, baseball players are nasty, but the game doesn't have a ton of contact.

heyabbott likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted