1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB Regional Networks - Sinclair

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Driftwood, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Has anyone figured out how to watch regional sports networks (Fox SportsSouth, SouthEast, etc.) now that Sinclair has hosed everyone?
    I have Hulu Live, and now we can't watch the Braves.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I have cable as part of my leasing and it’s the only reason I have the Bally Sports Florida networks at all. Still not back on YouTube TV.

3. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Not yet. I can't even find a story where Sinclair/Bally is even negotiating with the major streaming services. According to CordCuttersNews, the Bally Sports App launch release claims they have a soft 2022 rollout of direct-to-consumer service planned because they want to hook live betting to it -- and my guess is they don't have the technology in place to do it right (or at all).

AT&T TV claims to carry Bally Sports South, but I'm not paying $85/month to switch. Of course, it sucks that the entire southeast is considered the Braves market by MLB.TV, so that's another dead end.

Perhaps they might have thought this out a little better?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
    Driftwood likes this.
  4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Yea, through MLB.tv — free with my Sprint service for my cell phone.

bigpern23 likes this.
  5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

MLB.TV is great. Just $0.75 a game to watch on my 65-inch TV or any other device. I watched the Yankee game in my car while waiting to pick up my kids from school today rather than just listening on the radio.

I definitely spend money on dumber things.

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

It annoys me that I have NBA League Pass and can’t see any of the local team’s games - they are blacked out but I have You Tube TV so I don’t have the RSN.

On the flip side, I have a vested interest in Sinclair losing as much money as possible so it’s a small price to pay.

7. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Every word of this 100% has been my experience.

8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

MLB.TV is even better for our household. Because we live a quarter mile from the state border, it’s confused as to where we live and we don’t get blacked out for any teams.

Draft saved Draft deleted