1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB Pressbox Web site

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mltru2tx, Oct 11, 2006.

1. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

Harsh. They already took Lidle off the Yankees roster. So much for a mug. :eek:

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

If the sentence "MLB Pressbox Web site" ends with any word other than "sucks," it's incorrect.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Harsh, but SOP. Last week, they had Dusty Baker and Felipe Alou off within minutes of the press conferences.

4. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

Except, they probably have to officially remove Lidle from the 40-man roster to officially take him off the team. I don't in any way intend for that to sound harsh.

5. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Why do you need MLB Pressbox --- AP has Lidle mug.

6. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

It's amazing how fast they take them down, but equally amazing how long it takes them to post or move them.

IN the first month of the season, I spend a couple of hours downloading all of the mugs, just in case.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Maybe Massa George has a luxury tax payment due in a few days, and if Lidle's salary is off the books, he saves a few hundred thou.

8. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i'm pretty sure his contract was completed

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

No they didn't. Closest thing to a Lidle mug I could find (in NYY gear) on the AP wire was him speaking into a mic.

Draft saved Draft deleted