1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB Playoffs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Angola!, Sep 22, 2006.

1. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

Last night, I had a very vivid dream in which Garciapara hobbled up to the plate and hit a walkoff bomb off Street in Game Seven. Funny thing, it's not too far-fetched.

2. Leo Mazzone

Leo Mazzone Member

I'm just glad the Hunt for October is over. You know, the network leads the hunt every year and I'll be damned if they don't find it every time.

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

It looks like ESPN will carry all three games on Tuesday (Twinkies v. First Round Flamers; Evil Genius v. Padres; Tigers v. Evil Empire) and Wednesday games.

I'm assuming that once the division series are over, Fox, naturally will take over, featuring the vaunted Yankees in the ALCS as the headliner for Buck/McCarver to do and regulate Brenneman/Lyons to the NLCS.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I heard the Yankees game was on Fox, is it actually on ESPN? It would be nice if it was so I can tape it in HD rather than the shitty feed I get from my local Fox station.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

The potato salad is chilling in the fridge, as is the beer.

The grill is heating up, and the brats, Nathans hot dogs and old fashioned beef dogs are ready to go. The pot of kraut and onions is on the stove.

Johan and Zito. All you could ask for in an October pitching matchup.

Let's get it on.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Game 1 is on Fox. Game 2 is on ESPN on Wednesday.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

FT: Ken?
    KW: Yes?
    FT: 3 for 4, 2HRs, FUCK YOU

8. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Great one, heya

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Every time I listen to Jeanne Zelasko, it strikes me that she thinks there is only one city in America. (NYC)

10. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Boy this American League is STACKED. The Yankees might not win the World Series because of the potential dogfights they will have to get out of their own league.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

Yeah, those powerful Tigers are putting up a hell of a fight here.

12. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Any truth to the rumor that Omar Minaya has contacted Tom Seaver and Dwight Gooden, in an effort to see if either could pitch this series?

Draft saved Draft deleted