1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB Playoff Re-format

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Jeff_Rake, Oct 20, 2006.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Tyler, I'd agree with you except the leagues are so damn big. You could have 4 divisions each as or almost as big as the original leagues, four pennant winners, a playoff, and then a series, but that's all. Who'd come out after July 4 to see a series betwen the 9th and 13th place teams?
    Reducing the playoffs to two series would be a fine thing. I love baseball, and I find myself a little overserved by the game come World Series time. This, of course, will happen right after Bud Selig and Don Fehr hold that big press conference to announce the new Basic Agreement calls for slashed salaries and deep cuts in ticket prices.

2. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

buck... the 125-50 Yankees winning it all doesn't necessarily disprove that a wild-card team may have been sharper going in.

With that embarrassment of riches, they can sweep through a playoffs with merely mediocre play.

I think that wild-card teams should never get more than two home games in a seven-game series, and one in a five.

Not enough penalty to not winning the division.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

No problems with the system as it is. Except for what he said there.

Draft saved Draft deleted