1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB players impersonate Tim Kurkjian

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by gingerbread, Mar 21, 2012.

1. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

And he's a good sport about it. Tim Dillard's impersonation is especially hilarious. (Videos at end of NY Post story.)

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/backpage/espn_kurkjian_on_players_ridiculous_Iu0BP4pJTxx6kNqa27csrL

2. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

More like Henry Hecht, wasn't it?

3. wedgewood

wedgewood Member

Dillard may have a career in comedy waiting after baseball. That was fanfreakingtastic!

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Tim Dillard's impression was the funniest, but Elliot Johnson nailed it as far as accuracy.

Tim Kurkjian is probably the nicest big-time on-air personality I've ever met. He's also one of the shortest men I've ever met.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

He's probably one of the better basketball playing journalists you'll ever meet, too. At least he used to be. And agreed, very nice guy.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Was this like Dorf on Golf?

7. Mizzougrad96

Kurkjian is also an example of how good some of these writers can become on TV when they work at it.

He was painful to watch on ESPN when he first got there, now he does a great job across the board.

8. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

The one by J.P Arencibia is by far the best.

9. Mizzougrad96

How tall is Kurkjian? I would have guessed 5-4 or 5-5, but as a tall person, I frequently have a hard time gauging how tall short people are.

10. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

He does a good Harry Caray, too.

11. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

The other two were great on the voice and the obscure stats, but Johnson definitely beats them on the mannerisms. Those were hilarious.

12. FreddiePatek

FreddiePatek Active Member

I died laughing watching Dillard. Too funny

Draft saved Draft deleted